We conceptualized, designed, and developed Gateway Villas’ Ft. Lauderdale resort and travel website. In addition, we built a customized back-end management system that allows for easy management of up-and-coming resort packages and promotions. All the while, our marketers ensured the website worked to empower the company’s branding.
Construction began with a custom multi-template WordPress design for the homepage, vacation listings page, and the blog. A dynamic layout was necessary for integrating features outlined in the development phase, and we also had to design a template for the Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a travel affiliate private label program (expediaaffiliate.com).
First, we utilized the WordPress platform for development and integration with the Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN). Second, we created a dynamic layout to fully optimize the aforementioned personalized WordPress multi-template design. Lastly, we took full advantage of WordPress’ custom fields to complement our in-house plug-ins.
Researched keywords appropriate for such a niche travel website, targeting beach hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, and optimized all content and articles to reflect these keywords. Also, SEO-enhanced WordPress architecture was implemented along with SEO semantic coding, all supported by a basic backlink strategy.
The site’s structure was built to support the Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), and both API and URL masking was implemented for the reservation system. Other created features include:
- Custom booking form with dynamic fields (e.g., multiple rooms generate more fields)
- jQuery integration for calendar (arrival / departure)
- Cross-site pop-up and Lightbox effects
- Google Maps integration
- “Bookmark This Page” / “Email This Page” custom scripts with jQuery influence
- Custom WordPress gallery script for hotel/property photos
- Customer reviews using existing WordPress comments feature
- Social media buttons integration
Also, numerous dynamic sidebar additions were created for the site, including the “Recently Booked” section, “Similar Hotels / Properties” section, and the “Recent Blog Articles” section. Lastly, created and optimized a blog for the company’s announcements and articles.
What We Did:
- Design – Conceptualized and crafted a website design that extended the company’s brand and acted as the driving online force behind the company.
- Development – Programmed a content management system that made it easy for the company to update and maintain the site’s current or upcoming resort packages.
- Search Engine Optimization – Implemented initial SEO practices, such as targeted keyword content ad optimized back-end data, and continued to provide recommendations as needed.
- Hosting – The company’s seasonal nature means server solutions must be capable of handling traffic spikes.